Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No more MIMI !!!!

Last Tuesday night I told Taylor he does not need his Mimi (pacifier) anymore because he is a big boy. I started naming friends of his that do not have pacifiers because they are big kids. I asked him if he wanted to try to go to sleep without his mimi he said yes. HE DID!!! I'm happy and sad all at the same time. My Little boy is getting so big. The next day he took his mimi and threw it away in the trash and told Pat he did not need it anymore because "I'm a big boy now" After Taylor left the room Pat went and got it back out of the trash. I think Pat is just as sad as I am if not sadder.



















5 comments:

Kathi said...

Great job Taylor!!! Your getting so big it makes me sad ;(

Unknown said...

Ohhh....how sad. I still haven't brought myself to get rid of Dax's yet. I am thinking when he's 3, but I think it will be harder for me than for him. :(

Hanah said...

It is a bitter sweet feeling as they grow up. Kenzie tells me everyday, sometimes several times a day, that "she is just drowing (growing) up, and detting (getting) bigger and bigger." I was going through some older pics the other night, and it was really sad seeing my babies so little, and remembering those times, but think of all the good times to come, and that have already come, and the new things they can do, and say that they couldn't before. Good job for you helping him to give it up, even if it was hard. :)

Doranna said...

ok so lets see some updated pics lady!!!

Tonia said...

It's so hard yet so fun to watch them grow up! What a great milestone.

I made my blog private but I don't have your e-mail address to send you an invite. If you want one send me an e-mail at tonialima at yahoo dot com.